Follow Forum_Psych on Twitter
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Statistics
We have 222 registered users
The newest registered user is raheelmemon

Our users have posted a total of 1140 messages in 613 subjects
If you are seeing this, you have attempted to link to the UpToDate widget but are experiencing a problem. Please visit UpToDate for more information.
Share

Psychopharmacology & Underlying Medical Conditions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Psychopharmacology & Underlying Medical Conditions

Post  Admin on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:08 pm

Psychopharmacology & Underlying Medical Conditions


Q1. Which one Mood Stabilizer is known to worsen Sick Sinus Syndrome, produce blockage of sino-atrial node and also prolongs QT interval?

Q2. Which one medication in Psychiatry is known for increasing Blood Pressure, hence should be avoided in pt with hypertension.

Q3. Name two antipsychotics which are Hepatotoxic, and hence should be avoided in pt with transaminase elevation of >3 times normal.

Q4. Which two antipsychotics can be considered in pt with diabetes or high fasting glucose?

Q5. Which one antipsychotic can actually improve lipid profile?

Q6. Name one antipsychotic, one antidepressant, & one mood stabilizer that should be avoided in patient with Leukopenia?

Q7. Name two antipsychotics that are less likely to affect the seizure threshold, and hence can be used in pt with history of seizure disorder.

Q8. Which antidepressant can be safely used in patient with restless leg syndrome?

Q9. Which mood stabilizer when used with oral contraceptive pills, can decrease the effectiveness of OC pills?


*****************
Click on to post your comments
avatar
Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 948
Points : 2102
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-02-19
Location : Philadelphia

http://psychiatry.find-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychopharmacology & Underlying Medical Conditions

Post  Admin on Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:55 pm

Psychopharmacology & Underlying Medical Conditions


Admin wrote:

Q1. Which one Mood Stabilizer is known to worsen Sick Sinus Syndrome, produce blockage of sino-atrial node and also prolongs QT interval?

Answer 1: Lithium


Admin wrote:

Q2. Which one medication in Psychiatry is known for increasing Blood Pressure, hence should be avoided in pt with hypertension.

Answer 2: Venlafaxine


Admin wrote:

Q3. Name two antipsychotics which are Hepatotoxic, and hence should be avoided in pt with transaminase elevation of >3 times normal.

Ans 3: Olanzapine & Quetiapine


Admin wrote:

Q4. Which two antipsychotics can be considered in pt with diabetes or high fasting glucose?

Ans 4: Aripiprazole & Ziprasidone


Admin wrote:

Q5. Which one antipsychotic can actually improve lipid profile?

Ans 5: Ziprasidone


Admin wrote:

Q6. Name one antipsychotic, one antidepressant, & one mood stabilizer that should be avoided in patient with Leukopenia?

Ans 6: Clozapine; Mitrazapine; Carbamazepine


Admin wrote:

Q7. Name two antipsychotics that are less likely to affect the seizure threshold, and hence can be used in pt with history of seizure disorder.

Ans 7: Haloperidol & Risperidone


Admin wrote:

Q8. Which antidepressant can be safely used in patient with restless leg syndrome?

Ans 8: Bupropion


Admin wrote:

Q9. Which mood stabilizer when used with oral contraceptive pills, can decrease the effectiveness of OC pills?

Ans 9: Carbamazepine

*****************
Click on to post your comments
avatar
Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 948
Points : 2102
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-02-19
Location : Philadelphia

http://psychiatry.find-forum.net

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum